Sunday, June 26, 2011

Weekend review

How was your weekend? Mine started early Friday with a trip to Jasper's Elkfest. Where I tasted fresh pork rinds and visited the Blue Mountian Bakery.  After, working Friday night I came home to find Beth waiting up for me to chat for a little while. Saturday, Mom and Mike and I went picking wild rasberries on a side of the mountian. We were back by 7:30 and fixed some good ol' chocalate gravy for the kids. Then I took Beth, Jodie,Shane, and Lauren to float the river between Hasty and the Blindy Hole. When I picked them up, it was warm enough to go for an unplanned swim in the river.Meaning I put my beer and book down and jumped in with my clothes on. Saturday night we had pizza and beer for supper. Then, Mom and Mike met some friends at Elkfest and Dwight helped his dad repair the tractor and got going baling some hay.Mom and Mike danced the night away at Elkfest and the kids went to a camp fire/campout down by the creek. Sunday up early to finish baling hay and haul the hay. Then blueberry pancakes for breakfast. Then we took Mom and Mike to Sam's throne(see picture above)-a place full of memories for me-where I first rapelled and the scout troop built the park there. Then fixed burgers and fries for lunch and out to the garden to pick squash and turnips. Then saw everybody off. Now after 2 loads of laundry, and putting some squash in the freezer, I'm headed to bed early.

No comments: