Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

I've been lucky when it comes to Dad's. My father is great and my stepdad is one of the best stepdads ever. My first father-in-law loved me as one of his own and so does my new father-in-law. And you can learn a lot from a dad- he can teach you to shoot, laugh when you shoot a deer blind, and build custom bullets to make your shooting even better. Dad can give you a ride in a motorcycle or an airplane. He can scare people with his guns. So I'm thinking about dads and what they do and I wonder Dad ... do you remember
singing CCR-"looking out my back door" til you drove us crazy?
Grounding me and making me wash the motorcycle-til it shone-even between the spokes?
Do you remember having a little bit too much to drink and bouncing on the trampoline with a noodle and the grandkids?
Teaching Lauren to drive a stick?
Teaching Paul to hunt?
Teaching Connor to widdle?
Walking me down the isle repeating over and over-it's not too late-we can still make a run for it?
Sending us from the dinner table when we couldn't quit laughing?
I remember all of those times . I'm so glad that there's so many memories and look forward to making even more.But, I don't think Lee will let you teach Hopper to widdle. Happy Father's Day Daddy!

No comments: