Tuesday, April 4, 2023

I don't recommend it

 I've prayed for years that I wouldn't have to bury a child. I realize I never gave birth to my stepson Chris, but you can't tell my heart that. That won't make the tears flow any less. Son/stepson  makes no difference to a mom and that's what I am. I don't recommend it. You can't kiss all the hurt away. You can't rewind time. All the times, I've been told to put down the camera and now I only wish that I had taken more pictures. More videos. More time. I'm sure his mom feels the same way. I had to call her. Our first conversation.  I don't recommend it. We text pretty frequently, but never really talked. I don't know why. I do know that I never want to repeat those words again. Your son is gone. My son is gone. A huge void to be filled. I don't recommend trying to fill the void. It just can't be done. Not yet. Maybe not ever. But, please no more deaths. Please don't let us outlive the rest of our kids because this is too painful.  I don't recommend it.

No comments: