Thursday, March 28, 2019

Eight weeks like eight seconds

Years ago, there was a movie about bull rider Lane Frost. It was a real tear jerker, but it remains one of my favorites.  The older I get, the faster time flies. I know in my heart eight weeks is going to fly by like eight seconds. I tell myself this every time I have to let Dixie out in the middle of the night, every time I have to sanitize the bathroom floor for the third or fourth time in one day, each time I run an extra set of wash. I know it will fly by and I will miss the puppies when they go to their forever homes. I've tried not to become too attached but the fact that I had all four names within minutes of their birth doesn't bode well. But for now, I'll just enjoy the ride. The snuggles. The joy of seeing their personalities emerge. I'll laugh at their sucking noises and the sight of Oscar trying to quiet them when Dixie is not around and I'll love them with everything I've got.


No comments: