Sunday, March 24, 2019

National Puppy Day

So my birthday came and went. Then Dixie's due date. Then the Supermoon came and went. No puppies.  I gave her spicy food. I took her on long walks. I gave her an extended warm bubble bath and no puppies came...until late National Puppy Day. I have a smart dog. She even went so far as to have them in her nesting basket. First little Peanut made his appearance.  Then Mr. Hershey.  She rested for a while. Almost an hour and gave birth to DJ aka Dixie junior. She was nursing the three and looking so peaceful and happy when I saw her stomach ripple in a contraction.  Dixie looked at me like "you've got to be kidding".  She pushed with very little progress.  I decided to help and it was a textbook delivery.  Queen B made her appearance and the little family was complete just before Midnight.


No comments: