Wednesday, April 10, 2019

The Snuggle is real

It should come as no surprise that I check on Dixie and the pups multiple times a day. Hershey likes to go for a walk about even though his eyes have not opened yet. If I hear somebody upset about a cold tile floor. It's him. Most of the time when I peep in on them, Dixie is curled up nursing but every once in a while, she goes into what I call over drive. She jumps out of the basket and runs circles around me barking as loudly as possible.  I've learned to just pick her up. At which time, she puts her head on my shoulder and snuggles as closely as she can. I hold her, pet her, and tell her how much I  really love her. Sometimes I tell her what a great mommy she is and how proud I am of her. We sit that way for awhile.  I think she needs this and I know sometimes I do too.

No comments: