Friday, September 21, 2018

Girl, be a Bitch

Girl, be a bitch. No that isn't a misprint. Be a bitch. I'm laughing considering how many times I've heard someone say don't be a bitch. Now before you cop an attitude or assume something nasty, let me tell you "Bitch" was originally meant as a term for a female dog. I've been watching my female dog a lot lately. She listens to her buddies playing outside. Howling at the moon, running around, and her favorite activity-chasing rabbits but she's happy right where she's at-in her basket with her baby. She won't leave her baby just to hop up and run around. Her whole world is in that basket. She watches him around the clock and their is no doubt she loves him with every ounce of her being. I'm not entirely sure she knew what she was getting into when she got pregnant, but that doesn't matter now.  She rarely leaves even to eat.
Males coming to visit? Oh hell no. No one will ever get near that baby without her permission. She'll take on someone twice her size, but he won't get near her precious baby. The father is allowed to look, but only from a distance.
What would happen if every baby was loved that way?
If women gave up activities that took them away from their young? If they guarded them with every ounce of their being? If they loved with all they had?
I know not every mom is perfect. I know that, but I also know that love makes up for a lot of imperfections.
So girl, just go be a bitch and love with all you got.

No comments: