Thursday, October 11, 2018

Snuggletime x 4

Our normal snuggle time is around 6:30 am. For some reason, the dogs need to relieve themselves at six. Every day. Sometimes this annoys me as I am not a morning person, but on cold days like today, it makes me laugh. They're out and back in a flash. When they come back, I grab an oversized cup of coffee and we go back to bed until a more respectable hour. I rub there bellies and sip my coffee.  Today Dixie didn't want to go back to her little one and he was howling so I brought him to bed with us. You know three dogs in a bed aren't enough. Dixie immediately went to the foot of the bed and went under the covers. She was sleeping so soundly you could feel her snoring. I  had to laugh. It's been almost thirty years but I remember that new mom exhaustion. Oscar and Harley cuddled up to me and Sampson had to sniff his dad from one end to the other. Oscar got a kiss and for once he was on the receiving end. Sampson wasn't howling and he wasn't looking for his mom which was good because she was dead to the world. No whimpering. No barking. No rough play. Before I knew it, Sampson was curled up next to me and that large coffee was gone way to fast.

No comments: