Thursday, September 13, 2018

Going the distance

There's a song that has the lyrics "Going the distance" I can't remember much else of the song-not who sings it, or when, but I know it's got a good beat and I should look it up some time. I've had "the distance" on my mind a lot lately. Rocky 1 was on tv and even though he didn't beat Apollo Creed-he went the distance, further than any one else ever had.
And this ties into my life how?
Dixie
She's due any day. Today is actually her 63rd day. She's gone the distance. She's carried these pups full term. She's healthy and beautiful and she has a wonderfully comic pregnant waddle.
I know dogs have been having puppies for centuries. I know that 90% of the time there are no complications, but if I get any sleep tonight it will be medically induced.

No comments: