Monday, July 24, 2017

Sweet Tea Please

It's summer in Arkansas. That means it's hard to breathe in the heat of the day. The dogs look like they've melted. The air is so humid you can cut it with a knife. I know you're supposed to drink lots of water and I do, but every once in a while you need a little something different. It's so hot that soda doesn't even taste good, and one beer will leave you woozy. Which brings me to Sweet Tea. The only acceptable tea in the South during the summer. I make good sweet tea-it's not hard so I have to wonder why the local restaurants can't master the simple task of making sweet tea. It should be sweet, but if sugar is the only thing you taste it's too damn sweet (got that McDonald's). Really it should have a hint of the tea taste (got that Sonic-it should taste like tea not soda). I prefer that it not be so strong that it would put hair on your chest (Hardee's this would be you). As far as the bottled crap goes, I wouldn't give Lipton to my plants. Red Diamond would have a customer if they served it in glass containers and not plastic-the plastic does something to the taste. All things considered, it's just easier and much more cost efficient to boil the water and make it myself.
I'll be in front of the fan with my tea. Ya'll have a good day.

No comments: