Monday, July 10, 2017

A ride...163 miles

Sunday, the hubster took me out for a 163 mile motorcycle ride. We've done longer rides and much shorter ones too, but Sunday's ride really felt great. It was the kind of day that felt good once you got going. Stopping for any long period of time made the air almost suffocating. The sun was shining so much that you looked forward to shady patches, but no one got sunburned. The wind just felt good.
Along the way we saw a hound dog really enjoying his swim in the Little Buffalo River-I swear you could see the dog smiling. There was a beautiful doe. The funky town of Eureka. Every time I visit Eureka, I see something new. This time I located the Abyss Tattoo Shop, the Humpty Dumpty, and the grotto-all of which I plan to visit again soon.
Driving back, we stopped at The Mason Jar restaurant in Berryville. A first for both of us.
I can tell you all this and maybe you can picture it in your mind, but that's only half of the experience. You need to smell the fresh cut hay. The rose garden in Kingston. The wild flowers along the road to Alpena. The rasberries in Ponca. You need to feel the cool air hit you when you cross the river or top Sherman Mountain.
You need to feel your worries fly to the wind and your blood pressure drop. There's nothing like it.



No comments: