Sunday, May 7, 2017

Grief

I try to put this day out of my mind as long as possible. As much as I try, May just brings on the "Mom" stuff. It might be all the damn Mother's Day cards at Walmart or it might just be memories resurfacing. It could in the corners of my mind that I realize it's been three years since she's been gone and I'm afraid I'll forget something important so I'll try to remember every thing. I've reread all of her blogs and there was one about things she liked. She loved donuts for breakfast and a good cup of coffee. But all of this remembering comes at a price. My heart breaks and the tears flow.
Today is supposed to be a beautiful day. No clouds, no rain, and no tears.
I thought about going to Mom's grave (and I still might) but my best friend has off work today-for the first time in thirteen days so we're going to spend some time together in the sunshine. Making memories. Laughing. Probably taking pictures. We may even stop for coffee and doughnuts. All the things that Mom would have loved. I know she'll be with me.

No comments: