Saturday, May 20, 2017

Graduation Day Beth Carson, Esquire

I remember being pregnant with Beth. I read all the books on what to expect and what to do when your little bundle of joy makes her arrival. But,  nothing prepared me for the flood of emotions that came with being a mother. That still come with being a mother.
Today, that little bundle of joy will walk across the stage in Fayetteville and receive her law degree.
That in itself is a huge accomplishment and I am very, very proud of her but I think I've even more proud that I can still see my little girl.
She still loves her cats and fighting for what she believes is right. She will argue with a brick wall. I remember when she told everyone my third pregnancy would give her a little sister because she already had a brother. No amount of reasoning with her would work. She's still that way. I hope the legal community is ready for her.
She still takes time to stop and smell the roses. Some times it's the daffodils. Sometimes it's the iris, but she still makes time to notice the beauty around her and when she does-it never occurs to her that she's part of that beauty. Inside and out, just beautiful. I see it, and I know her husband does too.
She's made this incredible journey and kept those close to her near. She's made new friends on this journey and I congratulate them on their accomplishment too.
I'm so happy that she's making her dreams come true.

No comments: