Saturday, April 8, 2017

A different view point...arguing with a four year old

Today has led to many unusual conversations. I believe in talking to children as young adults-and sometimes this comes back to bite me.
Xander wanted to know what the nobby things were on Dixie's belly and I told him those were teats. Eventually, when Dixie gets ready to have puppies. Milk will come out of those teats and that's how the puppies will get their milk. He wanted to know if it was like a mama and her baby and I told him yes because to me it is. Hours later he told me that Dixie liked it when he rubbed her belly and the pink nobby things.
At breakfast we were discussing honey (we had it over toast). He decided he liked honey and was pretty excited when I told him that Poppy's bees were honey bees and someday we'll have more honey just right outside. That's good he told me because he could eat a lot of it if I'd let him. Then he wanted to know which orifice the honey came out of? Wtf, I told him I'd have to get back to him on that one but I was pretty sure it didn't come out of their butt. Poppy confirmed it. Honey comes out of a bees mouth.
He learned that people that drive airplanes are pilots.
Generally, he's a pretty smart little cookie.
But I don't care what he says-this wooden creature is not a slug:

No comments: