Friday, November 16, 2012

I didn't cry...

I didn't cry but my eyes got as misty as they possibly could-and I held my Grandson for the very first time. You know that rush of love you feel when you hold your own child for the first time? That feeling comes back with such a force. It surprises you and catches you off guard. I don't know what I was expecting-but not this much-all at once.
He reminded me of Beth-because she was my first-and Xander has just a little touch of jaundice-that hint of tanning bed color-has always reminded me of that time. A little sunshine will clear it right up.
Of course, he being male was bound to remind me of my own son-but that's where the resemblence ended.Paul was a big baby-and Xander just barely weighed 7 pounds. Plus Xander looks so much like Heath-we tease him and say he has his "mini-me"
Like Lauren, Xander is doing things way ahead of time-he follows people's voices with his eyes and seems to be really good at holding his head up already.
I think the biggest reason I was reminded of my kids were his parents. The love they have for this baby just beams from them. They are totally and completely in love with him-just the way I am-and the way it should be.
I wish every child had this kind of start-to have this much love surround him or her from day one.

No comments: