Friday, November 9, 2012

Empty Nest

It seems like our little nest will be expanding soon. I thought I'd cave before Dwight but no-it's hit him hard. Chalupa left a big spot to fill... and while I love certain pure breed dogs-I really can't say no to some of the dogs that Dwight has shown me. He's been scouring shelters in Missouri and Arkansas to find the perfect addition to our family. There was a bassett named Roger in Rogers(go figure) that got adopted this morning that might have joined us. We've got emails out for a dog named "Biscuit" in Midway-just looking at him melts my heart and there's a wonderful dachsund named "Cookie" that loves to chase squirrels. She's orange and would give our granddog Loki a run for his money.
I was thinking of getting a gecko-small, quiet animal-but Dwight says they're not good snugglers.
So wish us luck in our search and encourage others to adopt from shelters if they can. There are so many good,sweet dogs available it's scary. So much love to give.

No comments: