Saturday, July 28, 2012

Old Faithful

at Old Faithful

 This man was really prepared!!
When we arrived at Old Faithful it started to rain-and the temperature was about 30 degrees cooler than what I'm used to so I put on the jacket and out to the geyser we went-along with a couple of hundred other people. I love the guy that sat in front of me with the umbrella covering his wine glass. The geyser itself gives a couple of perks then blows-pretty much on schedule-we watched it three times and it was on schedule plus or minus ten minutes every time. The crowd making the "ahh..." sound is funny-everyone loves to see this thing go off. I never expected to get to see it and am I glad I did. After watching it go off at 5:10-we hit the trails to look at the other geyers. Before we had returned from the trails, the weather cleared up and Old Faithful spewed again-it was interesting to see it from so far away-it made you realize how high the water was really going. Then, we finished the trails and ate at a cafeteria with a view of Old Faithful-there was a huge portch with some wonderful wooden rocking chairs and plenty of room. We watched Old Faithful for the third time as the sun was going down. A perfect ending to a wonderful day.

No comments: