Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hasta la vista mi amigo

It is with great sadness that I learned today of Chalupa's passing. I don't know when exactly he came into this world or what exact day he left. I do know that he won't be there to jump into my arms when I return home or chase the ducks away for me when I go to feed the animals. I know too that he is in heaven because all dogs go to heaven..especially  him.
While I'll still shed a few more tears, I take comfort in knowing that he led a full life. He rode a bicycle, a motorcycle, a horse, a rv, and a tractor, but his favorite was the four wheeler.. at full speed around the yard and field. He lived in Little Rock and Jasper and camped at Sam's throne. I wish I could tell you his favorite dog food but he preferred catfood over dog food. He loved purple popsicles, green beans, hot fries, and barbeque potato chips.
His favorite sweater was green and brown. His favorite toy was any that squeaked-until he took the squeaker out-which he always did.
I will miss my little buddy.

No comments: