Friday, March 4, 2011

Freedom of Speech-one more try

ok here goes-one more blog on Freedom of Speech and maybe I won't cry or get red in the face when I read the news. The courts have ruled that the church can protest at military funerals. This is the same court system that said I couldn't say anything about a certian person on my own tiny little insignificant blog. Let's compare-I have TWO followers-either of which would bring me down in a nanosecond if I did something that needed censoring-and the protesters-hundreds at a funeral. Who can do the most damage? Why weren't these protesters out on I40 two weeks ago when the military helped hundreds of stranded motorists find snow shelters in the snow storm? Maybe cold weather isn't their thing so let's head south. All along I-95 there are soldiers fighting with firemen and local authorities to keep the wild fire under control-they could bring the signs that read "Soldiers burn in Hell" with some heat. Maybe too hot. Let's head further north-anywhere along the banks of the Ohio river where thousands of National Guardsmen are filling sandbags with sand-let them protest there.Not at a funeral. Not when someone is saying goodbye to a loved one. Come on people this is supposed to be the greatest country in the world-sometimes being good means doing something hard-like saying no and standing up for what's right and more importantly what's decent. I hope I never have to attend another military funeral. I pray that I don't and I pray just as hard that if I do I won't see any protesters there.

No comments: