Friday, March 18, 2011

46

Damnn...I'm old. That's what I keep telling myself, but I don't really feel old. What I feel is really, really blessed. I've watched my kids and my siblings grow up into wonderful adults. My siblings are great parents that have begat some great kids. My neices and nephews are really cool people in their own rights. I've been fortunate enough to watch my parents find love a second time around and I love my step parents so much I can't imagine my life without them. I've been given my own second chance-and though my stepkids have wonderful moms of their own-they have hearts big enough to love me too. All of this couldn't have come about in just one day and so I'm glad the years have been given to me..so I can see it all and experience it..and love it.

A big thank you to Lauren for making me my first confederate birthday cake ever.

No comments: