Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day Shopping...for Mom

The day before Mother's Day and I need to go shopping. It's not that I don't think about this before hand, but that I'm having trouble finding just the right gift.My sisters will call and ask what I'm getting mom but in their minds they've already figured out the perfect considerate gift that mom will totally love.They're incredible at this-both of them.I think I missed out on that gene.I've come up with a hundred ideas and tossed everyone.
I want something that says I'm glad you're my mom, I'm glad you're still here, I appreciate all that you do for me AND my kids.
Speaking of kids, I think a lot about being a mother at this time of year. This year it's been a little depressing-my kids are so grown up...the only thing that they need me for is gas money.They really take care of themselves and it seems like they live their own lives.Don't get me wrong-I'm proud that they're adults and that they can take care of themselves...kinda the whole idea of parenting, but I miss my babies. Then I wonder if MY mom feels the same way.
So mom-I will always need you.
I don't ever want to imagine my life without you. Somewhere along the line, I stopped loving you for wiping my nose and started loving you for the friend that you are. You've always been there for me even before I had the brains to ask.You've always supported my decisions-even the ones that you didn't go for yourself(remember the whole breastfeeding).Mom would call me to remind me how many bottles I had in the refrigerator so she could keep my kids without any problems. I can't tell you the times we've laughed over something stupid or just cried together(I get the crying gene from her). I don't call her everyday-I should. I don't tell her I love her enough, but I love her with a fierceness that can't be explained with any words.Now to find the gift that says that....wish me luck.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Awww, just copy and paste this into the next card you find. She will love this!