Friday, December 31, 2021

Good bye 2021


 Looking back, the only resolution I remember was trying to see 12 new waterfalls. Didn't quite make it, but I did see four that I had never seen before. Progress. Maybe I can do 12 in 2022.

I can tell you that I learned something from every waterfall trip. The first one would be Fuzzy Butt Falls and I learned that my kids really love me and like to share my adventures. The second one was Car Wash Falls and just because it says 20 miles down a dirt road don't assume you can make it in an hour. Twenty miles down a dirt road can last forever. Pack Rat Falls taught me that my nephews are tough little buggers and have the energy of a rabbit. Also, some people have no idea what a moderate hike is though the witch's grave at the end was pretty cool. Pam's Grotto taught me that short cuts are not a good idea when hiking alone. According to my other half, hiking alone is a no-no so there's that. But I made it out and all is well.

Then, I bought a juicer for canning and learned to use it. Made the best muscadine jelly ever. Made peach/jalapeno for the first time and took home  a Grand Champion ribbon. Learned about false seals and reorganized my jars. I also tried water glassing eggs but have not opened them yet. Our thornless  blackberries took off and we had a really nice harvest. I was really proud of my strawberry jam made entirely from my strawberries, but none of it is left. It was that good-and maybe having two expectant moms in the family helped make a dent.

I've started four baby quilts and I finished a Queen size quilt in time for Christmas. 

We took a vacation and saw some incredible things. 

Overall, I had a really good year. I have grandchildren coming in 2022. 

No comments: