Monday, November 1, 2021

You loved me my whole life, I'll miss you the rest of mine

  I don't think I'll ever stop missing my mom. You would think it would be easier as time goes on-it doesn't. There's more I need to tell her. More I need to share. So many questions I want her to answer. If I'm being honest, I need just one more of her hugs, but heaven doesn't have visiting hours. 

Today she would have been 79.

So today, I'll allow myself to remember what it felt like to be with her. I'll drink some strong coffee and have a bagel with way too much cream cheese. I'll call people I haven't talked to in a while. Maybe I'll mail some cards. I know I'll go out and admire my pansies and I'll think about all the times we planted them together. I'll buy some scratch offs and maybe a lottery ticket. I'll take a drive and admire all the fall colors. Might even crank up some Barry Manilow. 

And when the day is done-I'll wear an old faded night gown that she gave me. It'll be like being wrapped in a hug...almost. I hope I fall asleep with her laughter in my ears because that would just be the perfect ending to her birthday. 

No comments: