Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Best part of waking up

 So the commercial goes "Best part of waking up, is Folgers in your cup" and I agree with this on some level. I don't function without two cups of coffee in the morning. Oh, I can go on auto pilot with just one small cup, but if you want me to cook something and you expect to eat that something, I need to be on my second cup. Same thing for anything involving directions.  I need my second cup at least started.  For the love of all things good, please don't ask me any important questions before my first sip. As a matter of fact, best not to trust anything I say before that first sip. 

I think another good part of waking up is sitting on the porch with that cup of coffee. Watching the last of the lightnin' bugs  fade out and the sun come up. Scratching a belly or behind the ears of some fuzzy kid and listening to the wind chimes. 

Sometimes I pretend that the wind is speaking to me. Maybe a voice from heaven telling me it's going to be a good day. That I've got this and beauty is every where if you just open your eyes. 

No comments: