Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Toilette Paper is tough... times are tougher

This pandemic thing is no joke.You pick up toilette paper when you have to go to the grocery store if they have it. You don't get to choose what brand any more. All brands are not the same.
Going to the grocery store is an adventure. People try to stay six feet apart to pick through bare shelves. We won't go hungry any time soon, but long gone are the days of planning a menu out and getting something to go with it last minute. You take what you can get and be glad that you aren't doing without.
I will never again take it for granted that we can go out to eat with friends or family.
I miss going out, but I miss friends and family a lot more.
I've always been a hugger but this is only going to make it much worse. As soon as I get to see some family, bear hugs en masse will happen. Good friends too. I miss them so much my heart physically hurts, but at least they are alive and I will be able to touch them and wrap my arms around them at some point.I don't know when....maybe if I had a time frame I could count down the hours and it might not be so bad.
But I don't know when this shit will end. No one does. I know it will end, but not when so I keep praying and sewing my little masks and praying some more.

No comments: