Saturday, April 19, 2014

How Dare They!

If you've watched the new this morning, you might have seen a video in which some idiots in Washington attempted to educate the public on child abduction by staging a fake kidnapping.
I have serveral problems with this-first off, it makes it seem like parents can prevent all  abductions by being a little bit more careful. Some parents are so watchful it's to the point of being paranoid-and now you want to make it worse?
Secondly, I really hope they don't try this in the South. I'm not saying that in the South we love our children more. I'm really not. BUT, I know more women prepared to die for their kids or kids that they love and they happen to carry deadly weapons or can make a deadly weapon out of a hairbrush, purse, set of keys, or cell phone. There are more violent women in the South (blame it on the heat). There are more crazy people in the South-we send them to live in rural areas. Not a good combination for would-be child abductors. We speak slowly and act quickly-sometimes faster than we think. I can see it now:
I'm sorry officer, I didn't think this would be a STAGED KIDNAPPING, I was just shooting to stop him.

No comments: