Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Kittens

Can you guess how many kittens Vixie gave birth too?  When I got past kitten number six I started getting anxious. Seven was a loud little one, and I  was really relieved when eight was the last one. Then I started to get a little worried-how many can she feed at once?  So then I called my cat loving friend-Julie. I was very surprised to learn that she didn't automatically know how many nipples a cat had, but she googled it for me. A female cat has eight nipples. We're good. Eight nipples for eight kittens.Then she informs me that a male cat only has six nipples. Wtf. I've been looking in the wrong spot. The apparti(notice plural for a reason) that I was looking for is hard to find until the kitten reaches about six months.By then they've passed the cute,adoptable phase so when I gave the sex I was making a guess, but not anymore. I'll just count the nipples and know for sure. Unless google lies. Want a kitten?

1 comment:

Stinkydog said...

If I wasn't allergic to cats, I'd get one! Hop loooooves kitties. More than dogs. Go figure.