Sunday, May 1, 2011

Growing

No this isn't another post about gardening-though I couldn't resist posting a picture of a zinna that I grew from seed. Our house hold has grown to include Dwight's younger son, Heath. I was worried that his being here might make me miss Paul more-nothing can make me miss him more than I do-it's just part of him living his dreams and me being strong enough to let him.Heath loves animals-good thing. He tolerates Chalupa and Vixie very well and sometimes he helps Lauren feed the horses. Which I find extremely amusing, because he says he hates horses. Lauren has yet to talk him into riding with her but I think she asks on a daily basis. I love to hear them laughing together-as long as it's not at my expense. He plays the guitar and loves an old song called "White Lightin" which is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I also learned this morning he can play keyboard. Lauren looked at me the other day and said-"You know you have five kids now, right?" to which I replied -"You're in what year of college? and you just figured that out" Ohh she got me back-she left her fishin' worms in the refrigerator with a lid not tightly secured. I've always wanted more kids so it's easy for me to let one more into my heart but God's looking out for me because Heath's heart is big enough to love his mom and stepmom too.

No comments: