Wednesday, March 24, 2010

28 years ago...

28 years ago I met a wonderful, cranky old man that was to become my father-in-law for 23 years. I called him old then because I was 17 and he was older than my grandpa. Hell, He was older than anybody else I knew at the time. He played golf like a pro and drank like one too. I've never met anyone with a temper like his-and I've never met a man that showed as much compassion as he. He welcomed one more daughter into the fold and didn't kill my ducks when they crapped on the porch.He never came right out and cried in front of me but there were several times those old eyes got a little misty-like making the toast at Tracey's graduation dinner, watching Mike graduate from boot camp...so many memories involving the old fart(this was his nickname until he became Grandpadaddy-o). There are so many things about him but the one thing that really sticks out is his love. He has always loved his wife more than life itself.
The doctors say there's not much time left so please pray for Ms. Marty and the Schullers.

No comments: