Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Eve's Eve

It was with a saddened heart that I read about my sister's dog dying. You gotta understand that in our family her dogs are considered extended nieces and nephews-they attend Christmas, Easter, Birthdays and have their own halloween costumes. Then Lee made reference to Micah's ripe age of 15 and that she knew it was coming. I guess fifteen years is a long time to love somebody.
Two years isn't nearly long enough. Last night when I said goodnight to Dwight I honestly didn't know if he would be around to answer my morning call. He has a very serious blood clot in his leg. It could break loose or the medicine could work to thin his blood. I laid awake most of the night thinking of things I should have said.When I wasn't thinking about what I should have said, I was thinking about things that we haven't gotten a chance to do yet. I held my breath each time the phone rang and he eventually answered.He's in a lot of pain but the doctor thinks things are working.He'll know a little more when he has the next set of blood work done-til then, all he can do is wait for the medicine to work. Keep him in your prayers and let those closest to you know how special they are.

No comments: