Friday, September 4, 2009

63 soon to be 64 and counting

I stopped to visit a lady the other day and her husband happened to be in a pleasant talkative mood (kinda unusal for this old fart) so I got to visit with both of them for a couple of hours. In a matter of weeks, they'll be celebrating 64 years of marriage. She says she doesn't like him now and didn't then either. Maybe she didn't like him so much because it went much deeper-come on-64 years? They laughed so much at each others remembrances(she was supposed to go out with one of his friends but he kinda showed up before the other fella and took her out). He never really proposed-just sorta said he wouldn't be coming back and would appreciate it greatly if she would just marry him so they could leave together.I don't ever remember him being particularly romantic, but it's obvious the way that he looks at her that he loves her very, very much. That kinda love is the stuff dreams are made of.

1 comment:

tracey said...

Something tells me I might know this couple-the old fart description kind of gave it away. I hope I last 1/2 as long as they do.