Friday, June 14, 2024

The decision

 PET scans showed marked improvement in my husband's battle against cancer. Unfortunately his body is just too weak to continue chemo at this time. He's very weak and needs serious help. More help than I can give even with the love and support of our friends and family. Home Health can't give him all he needs and pallatve care won't cover it either. I made the decision to start Hospice Care. It's not a decision that I take lightly.  I think it's for the best. I'm tired of seeing him in pain and watching helplessly.  I love him more than anything and refuse to give up hope, but my back is against a wall and I don't see any other reasonable choices. I'm grateful for all the love and support. A lot of people ask what I need and I can't think of anything other than prayers.  I need the strength, wisdom,  and grace that only God can give me. 

No comments: