Wednesday, June 5, 2024

I found him

 That man in the hospital bed, he's not my husband.  I suppose the law says he is but my husband doesn't have a mean bone in his body. He would never dump out medicine that I went to four different pharmacies to fulfill the prescription.  He would never threaten me for washing his feet or cleaning him up. My husband is kind and thoughtful.  That man residing in the hospital bed is not. To be fair, my husband warned me that fighting cancer would be hell and that I had no idea what we were getting into. He was right. I'm  amazed he's fought this long and this hard. Every time he cries out in pain, a part of my heart breaks. Last night. I slept on the couch and before I laid down I  made sure he had everything he needed.  I couldn't sleep so I went over to him again and kissed him and told him I loved him. My husband looked me deep in my eyes and told me he loved me too. My husband  not the stranger.  It felt so good to find him even for a moment 


No comments: