Friday, April 18, 2014

Circle of life...kiss my butt

The fact that I used butt instead of ass, means I'm calming down just a little bit. I get the whole idea of the "circle of life". I understand it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Not one bit. I know animals live and die just like people. I know this and I try not to get too attached. Really I do. But, I'm not successful at everything I try. Today, I came home and three of my six little ducklings have gone to the great blue yonder. I thought they were safe-they'd made it with me a whole month. I watched them swim. Made sure their shelter was secure. They had plenty to eat and drink. Their little white feathers were starting to show. Maybe it got a little cold last night(my neighbor was sunbathing this afternoon). Maybe I didn't talk to them enough? I really don't know what happened and I plan to eat chocolate for dinner.
Meanwhile, here's a picture of one this weekend.

No comments: