Sunday, March 10, 2013

Marty's Party...

 A little over a week ago Marty told me she was ready to go home-and not to the house... and gone home she has..I wasn't ready to say good bye then, and not now but it's been taken out of my hands. I try to tell myself that she's with her husband and that she wanted to leave, but the selfish part of me wants to hear her laugh and the way her voice  sometimes cracked when she said my name. I want to share just one more glass of wine with her and listen to her tell a dirty joke. She was a very wise woman and she said that there would be a big party and that I would have a good time-she hoped everyone would. A part of me hopes that maybe she was talking about her funeral. I know she would have wanted a celebration of her life and no tears, but that's asking a lot. She made the world a better place-she made me a better person and it's hard to let go...every time I share a glass of wine with my mom or my daughters or someone I love-she will come to mind. Everytime I see someone profess their love of strawberries or chocalate-I'll remember her. Every time I see a lady in a red skirt or an older person at an atm-I'll think of her. She called me one day to tell me about those atm thingies-you could only withdrawl three hundred a day-and it didn't matter how many different ones that you drove too-three hundred was all you were gonna get. I laughed so hard thinking of her driving around town to find this out. It was even funnier when you considered that she didn't know how to pump gas. Driving over 60 years, and she never learned to pump gas. As much as I'll miss her, I know she's in heaven.

No comments: