Tuesday, April 3, 2012

How do you say "Goodbye?"

 This morning I sat on the front portch staring at some pretty amazing snap dragons. Snap dragons are some flowers that I was introduced to as a kid growing up by my best friend's mom. Her name is Margret and she is incredibly talented with anything that grows. I secretly suspect that she planted hundred of poppies just to irritate the local police-that's something Margret would do. I also saw her flip off the officer while calmly talking to him-with her toes-and he was none the wiser. Can't tell you how many leg cramps I gave myself trying to master the art of flipping people off with my toes.
My best friend is trying to tell her mom goodbye and my heart and prayers and love go out to her. Margret has been given just weeks to live.

No comments: