Thursday, April 19, 2012

Not your ordinary week

 I remember a long, long time ago driving to work on Monday and thinking that this would just be a boring week. No parties. No special dates. Nothing exciting. I guess I jinxed myself because I got "exciting" and boring is looking really good about now.
But when something bad happens-I feel like God just gives you a thump in the head-like a big wake up call. Things could have been a lot worse, but I'm lucky. Lucky that I have very understanding bosses.Lucky that my cell phone that has no signal in my building picked up when it did. Lucky that Lauren wasn't alone. Lucky that I have a wonderful,supportive family.
Lauren continues to be upbeat-and that really helps-it's hard not to laugh when she makes her little jokes. I had forgotten what it's like to feed someone by spoon. It's been a long time since I brushed someone else's teeth. I appreciate good nurses-and I realize the commitment it must take to be a good one-so I'm proud of our family nurses.
I'm a little busy but I've learned a lot this week:
1. Be thankful for everyday-even if you're young and strong and healthy-accidents happen and your world can change in the blink of an eye
2. Don't be afraid to tell others that you love them and that you're there for them-you never know when those words, that text,letter, or phone call might give them a little more strength
3. God made men and boys. Some boys will never gain the status of "Man"-it's not an age thing-it's actions when others aren't looking. It's doing something nice for no reason and it's showing emotions and not caring if anyone sees a moment of weakness and sharing your strength as well as your love.
4. It's ok to make a mistake-acknowledge it-learn from it-and get on with your life.
All this and it isn't even Friday yet.

No comments: