Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Resolutions 2011

I know that 2011 is well underway, but I'm hoping if I write these resolutions down I'll be more prone to keeping them. Coming up with 11 is hard, but I'll try.
1. Lose weight-I know, I've done this a million times before but this time I have a reward system in place. I want to lose 50 by my birthday and then I'll go see the spring butterflies at the Butterfly Palace in Branson.
2.Try one new recipe each month-I did this last year-and managed it all the way through the year-this month is already done(Cornmeal gravy once made with water and once with milk).
3. Call an old friend once a month. Not necessarily the same old friend each month, but your past has made you what you are.
4. Learn something new each month and write it down (learned to reset the odometer for oil changes on the yaris).
5. Do something special for someone once a week-if they notice or acknowledge it in any way it doesn't count and you have to start over. This is actually a lot more fun than it sounds and it can be as easy as making sweet tea.
6.Try to drink 8 glasses of water each day(I hate drinking water when it's cold outside and can't remember the last time I drank 8 glasses in one day)
7. Try to eat two servings of vegetables each day(this ought to be interesting).
8.Try to read one book a month-I used to read volumes, but since I've started wearing glasses I really don't read that much anymore.
9. Date Dwight-no really, do something fun that just involves being together which can be hard with all the chores and responsibilities of every day life.
10. Have a Christmas fund in place-you know so I can go crazy on Black Friday or Cyber Monday.
11. Redo my bucketlist.
Ha-found eleven that I think I can do.

No comments: