Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

A million years ago in a Thanksgiving blog I told the story about the circle of thanks and why I hate it, but when someone you love asks a room full of people to do the circle of thanks-you go along unless you're a real cold hearted beaoch. Which I'm not. So someone explains the circle of thanks and how it works to those that don't know-everyone is in a circle and it starts with one person.The first person says what he or she is thankful for and then the second person says what she is thankful for until everyone in the circle has gone and said something that they're thankful for having. A lot of people are thankful for having a job. More people were thankful for their family.This all sounds wonderful and heart warming and I bet you're wondering why I hate the circle of Thanks. Because I always cry.This year no different. The wonderful man holding my hand said he was thankful for one thing-me. He's not very affectionate in public, but he had no problem telling twenty-one people that he was thankful for me.Out of all of the things in the world he could have said he said me. I think that's when the tears started but then Darlene said the most perfect thing of all and I wished I had said it
I'm thankful for my wonderful family, my job, my health, and my life-I have too many blessings to count. Just thinking about that brought the rest of the tears because I also have too many blessings to count.

1 comment:

Kickin' n Screamin' said...

Okay, you got me there. sniff.
Robyn