Monday, November 2, 2009

Men go shopping

The weekend meant a shopping trip with the boyfriend. I should have been concerned when he and my step dad poured over the sales circular for Gander Mountain for twenty minutes before we left. Dwight had several things he wanted to look at and had a detailed plan of action- look at guns first, then scopes, then ammunition, then seasonings for meat,etc. When we drove into the parking lot, his eyes kinda glazed over and a new person emerged. Think shoppers on Black Friday. The parking lot was packed and upon entering the store there were more men with the same glazed look that Dwight had. Old men, young men, rednecks, yuppies.... and the ammunition isle-forget it. I'm a seasoned shopper.Black Friday is my holiday, but these men were animals.Maybe the sale was just that good and I don't know what I'm lookin' at, but oh no the men at Ft. Thompson's have the same glazed eyes. I now call it the "Fever" before deer season.When you count more that half a dozen four wheelers on a trailer headed South-you know the fever has begun.

No comments: