Sunday, November 1, 2009

From one generation to the next

October 31st, 1988, I gave birth to my oldest child. She came in the middle of the day. Before the baby comes, you read as much information about babies and parenting as you can get your hands on, but nothing can ever prepare you for the real thing. There is no way to describe how much you instantly, completely, insanely love your child. No words to prepare you. I remember it shocked me a little to feel so much so quickly so completely. The next morning my mother came to see me and to hold the baby for the first time. I saw her in a completely different light and have ever since.I don't know how she didn't lose her mind raising four children. I pray every day that I get some of her strength and that strength that she passed on to her granddaughter. My daughter is one of the strongest women I know and I think I know where she got it from. Happy Birthday to Bunny and Beefy.

1 comment:

tracey said...

You do have the strength-and you haven't lost your mind after 3 kids. Your daughter has turned into a beautiful strong woman who I am proud of.