Sunday, May 10, 2009

Did he do that?

I read how my sister watches her young son just to see him smile and I smile knowingly.It's something I've done a hundred times. In fact, I set my alarm to get up early just so I could watch him work and make sure he was ok. He decided to give plasma, move 3 hours away, and work2 jobs all in the space of 20 hours. His bosses told me what a great job he was doing and I just nodded. I don't like seeing my baby boy push himself that hard, but he has goals and dreams and I don't think he 'd stop if I asked him too. But what kind of mom would stand in the way of her kids' dreams? It hurts to let go and watch him do the things that he thinks he must. Did I really raise someone so hard headed, so determined, and with such a one tracked mind? I think I'll try catching him asleep so I can see him smile. That's if he sits still long enough to fall asleep.

No comments: