Thursday, December 25, 2008

Hard Candy Christmas

My baby sister mentioned having a "Hard Candy Christmas" after losing someone she dearly loved, and while I haven't lost someone-I've lost something.
Last night, at midnight mass, I couldn't receive communion because I'm not in a state of grace-me being divorced and it bothered me. Maybe that's why the church does it-to give us sinners something extra to feel guilty about. The communion bothered me-but it really got me to thinking about life in general-what else would I miss if it were taken away from me? Anything to do with my kids for sure. It's killing me today only seeing them for a short time on Christmas day. As much as my dog irritates the hell out of me-I'd miss him snuggling in the bed. I miss dinners with my siblings. I missed Dwight terribly at church last night-for a non-Catholic, he attends mass with me a lot.
But, Dolly sings she won't let sorrow bring her way down and I don't think I will either. I have the love and support of my family. I have wonderful kids that have a great future, and I have a wonderful man that cares for me. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I wouldn't miss the dinners with you guys as much as I would miss us making fun of each other(from way back when)...even after all these years! :)

Older not wiser said...

What I wouldn't give to see Pat eat mashed potatoes.