Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Wedding

It was a nice wedding. It was a fun wedding. Her five kids were there. His four kids were there. At least a dozen grandchildren were present. I hate to cry at weddings and in my bitchy moods I often make fun of those that do, but when the bride gave a rose to each daughter and grandchild (even the one on the way) from her bouquet-I lost it. I didn't care who saw me try to save my makeup-and when I thought I had managed to save my mascara-there were plenty of others trying to do the same. My daddy looked so happy. My mom was looking at my step dad with a sparkle in her eyes. My brother sweetly held his wife and my sister and her hubby looked positively beaming. The lil' sis just glowed-I've honestly not see a prettier pregnant person. My special person had his arm around me and whispered sweet things. Love was in the air...later glasses were raised in the air and raised again and again.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I cried when DAD cried. And yes the roses were touching too. Very sweet I thought.