Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th

I thought I could just sign off and say nothing about today's date, but I don't have that much self restraint. I love this country and all it stands for, I know it's not perfect-most of the things I love aren't perfect. I miss the days immediately following 9-1-1 when everyone had a flag on their car. I still place my hand over my heart when the national anthem is sung. I vote every year. I think policemen and firemen have a special calling like nuns and priests. I've seen half a dozen foreign countries and was still glad when the plane landed on US soil. "God Bless the USA" , the soldiers, the nuns, the priests, the police, the firemen, the 2000 plus that died that day-may history never repeat itself. "Let's Roll"

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I still remember where I was and what I was doing at the exact moment another nurse ran into the room screaming the towers had been hit and we all watched it on TV. Kinda like I remember watching Bozo when they came on and announced Elvis had died. I always take a minute too on 9/11 and think about those lost. Sucks.