Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's notta brick house

I've been up since 3 am and haven't found a picture to post of my house. You see today may be the last day I can call it my house. The final divorce hearing is today. I realize it's nothing but wood and sheet rock, but it's where I've lived for 13 years. The longest I've lived anywhere except the house in which I grew up in.Those out of control Crepe Myrtles by the driveway-I planted all three of them. One to symbolize each child. The daffodils by the road-the kids help me transplant 20 or so each year-I think I even conned a niece or two to help with them. I don't like the color pink-I never have, but my bedroom has grown on me(scary what pink can do). Aqua, never has-I think Beth chose that color so I would stay out of her room. It's just a little square house. Nothing special about it except the memories I have here. There's the time Lauren's room was totally themed with the "Lion King", Paul's 5th Birthday party-No one rsvp'd and 30 kids showed up(my first hint that children's parties can get out of hand), Beth's bunkin' parties (further proof that parties got out of hand), there's snowball fights and snowmen in the front yard, Paul's firetruck bed, the kids hiding the fake Christmas tree in the attic so we would have to buy a real one, pictures in front of the fireplace, the iguana climbing in the fireplace when we lost heat one winter....I wouldn't change one second not even to avoid my crucifiction in front of the judge. Give it your best shot Mike, it's the last chance you'll ever have. There's nothing else you can take.

1 comment:

tracey said...

Stay strong. You have great memories there, those can't be taken away. I am very proud of the way you are handling this, my sister from marriage.
I love ya.