Thursday, February 15, 2018

Broken heart...

I have to admit it. When I pulled up to the post office this morning, the sight of the flags flying half mast made me more than a little bit teary eyed.
Yesterday, among all the flowers and balloons celebrating a day of Love, a 19 year old shot and killed 17 people at a high school in Florida. Reading about who those students were-they had so much promise and life ahead of them-only makes me sadder. There were at least two adults killed trying to protect students. One stepped directly between the shooter and students-he suffered bullet wounds that eventually led to his death. The other was struck after unlocking his class room door to allow more kids in to hide.
I wish I had answers on why this happened or how to prevent it in the future, but I don't. I do know that as a society we can't let keep letting this happen to our children and those who educate them. To do nothing is not acceptable.

No comments: