Tuesday, October 24, 2017

#me too

Have you seen someone use the status #me too? It's a movement to bring awareness about all the women that have been victims of sexual assault or harassment.  You might have lost track as to how many times you saw it posted.  I know I lost count the too, but in the back of my mind I kept a running tally. For every one of my friends that used that status, I know three that didn't.  Maybe they just wanted to forget. Maybe it's  too painful to remember. Maybe like me, they just didn't want to talk about it or acknowledge that it happened. It didn't just happen. Unfortunately,  it's not something in the past. It's every where. Those women are your sisters, your daughters, your wife, your friends and maybe even your mother. It happens to women of every shape, age, and color. Let that sink in. Your grandma might not be safe.
It needs to stop. It should no longer be socially acceptable.  People need to be punished for this kind of behavior.  Your daughter will thank you.

No comments: