Wednesday, October 18, 2017

And then there were three

I thought long and hard about adding another dog to our family. In fact, I had even told the lady that had the pups if there was any violence, we couldn't take him. Oscar and Dixie sniffed him from one end to the other and he was on the way to Arkansas with us.
That's been almost three weeks ago and now it's hard to imagine life without Harley. He's mastered the dog steps. He can climb in to our rather tall bed all by himself. Once there, he snuggles with me or Oscar. Dixie doesn't cuddle with Harley at all, but to be honest she won't snuggle with Oscar either. But she will play with him. They chase each other and try to rip off ears, sweaters, and legs. There's lots of barking and running. Oscar gets into the action too.
All in all, potty training is going as well as it can with an eight week old pup-it would be better if he could go down steps too, but he's started to howl when he needs down and I haven't had to wash my sheets every single night so progress is being made.
I wish I could say he hasn't destroyed anything. I wish. So far, we've lost a phone charger and one power cord(scary I know), but no shoes or underwear.
So far he's really happy doing whatever Oscar and Dixie are doing. He takes naps. Helps feed the chickens. He runs down the steps with them and has mastered the steps back up into the kitchen where he gets a treat for "going" outside.
Dwight has become his buddy. They love sharing Nacho Cheese Doritos and watching Chuck Norris.

No comments: