Sunday, November 15, 2015

Going Places


The Dali Lama has been quoted as saying "Once  a year go someplace you've never been before"
I really thought I had met this yearly requirement. I saw the Oregon Coast, Mount St. Helen's, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Death Valley, Valley of fire,  Devil's punch bowl,  Devil's churning, Long Beach, Glacier Park, Yosemite Park, the West side of the Grand Canyon-you get my drift. I've been a lot of places this year that I haven't been before so my adventures have been put on hold and I was getting ready for the upcoming holidays.
But sometimes God has other plans and you don't have a choice.
I ignored some chest pains until they returned a third time with a vengeance. I left work and checked into the hospital in Harrison. They immediately went to work -did you know that there are three types of Nitroglycerin? Got to try them all-not a fan, but no complaints. They won't let you check out of the hospital if your blood pressure does not read normal.
I got to do a stress test, then take an ambulance ride (my very first and hopefully my very last). Then, I checked into Washington Regional hospital. I've visited both hospitals before, but never as an overnight patient. Nice people. Clean rooms. Shitty food menu. I was served English peas at every meal. No joke. I requested pizza and beer and they gave me English peas.
I lost track of how many times they drew blood, but once is much too often in my book. Why can't they just scan your finger like they do when they take your temperature? On Friday morning, I under went a Heart Cath. It's a pretty neat procedure where they send a camera up your arm to look in your heart. I saw my heart, saw it beat, and felt it flutter. Never really wanted to see this, but I'm glad I did.
I wouldn't repeat this whole experience for anything. I'm sorry my loved ones had to worry about me, but I'm grateful for the love and support that I have. My heart is healthy and full of love.

No comments: